Homework 5

What is it? An album cover

It's Function to advertise and draw attention to the album and have people listen to it.

Where you saw it? I saw this in a record store.

The Quality of the Artwork is not too amazing as it looks as it was all drawn and colored by hand and looks like a doodle but I think it suits the piece, having a friendly kid/teen feel.

The Style of the Design and Typography really grabs the readers eye. It is very bright and colorful having a modern psychedelic feel to it. The typography is very cool having the artists name in bold and easy to see but not dominating the picture. Then it has the tasteful type on the word Dreamland.

What attracted you to this piece? This piece grabbed my attention due to the bright colors and interesting theme; a skeleton in a Hawaiin shirt and jorts, who wouldn't do a double take on that. I thought the fact that it all looks hand drawn was childish which amused me and it has a very appealing look to it, probably due to the palm trees since I'm a big fan of palm trees.

Comments

Popular Posts