Homework 6

Neon Bible - Arcade Fire
What is it? An album cover

It's Function to advertise and draw attention to the album and have people listen to it.

Where you saw it? I own this album on vinyl.

The Quality of the Artwork is very strange as if is disappearing or fading away having a certain filter on it to make it hard to make out but just enough to give the viewer enough information.

The Style of the Design and Typography is why I chose this piece. I believe the style is Art Deco due to the geometric forms and use of negative space and choice of colors; black background with bright colors (though the colors are very neon light looking so it may have some influence of another style). There is no type but if anyone is curious as to what the album is called it is called Neon Bible by Arcade Fire (I recommend).

What attracted you to this piece? I love the simplicity of it and this was one of the first albums that I found myself staring at the cover for a long time being very amazed and confused by it not knowing exactly what was but somehow knowing what it was (that most likely makes no sense). I love the use of so little to create a piece and how even when using so little you make something original. I think the neon lines really compliment the piece and was a great choice by whoever designed the album.

Comments

Popular Posts