Homework 10

What is it? Album Cover

It's Function to advertise and draw attention to the album and have people listen to it.

Where you saw it? I own this on vinyl.

The Quality of the Artwork is good as the record is in good condition and is a newly remastered version.

The Style of the Design and Typography is psychedelic with vibrant colors and Art Nouveau characteristics using obscure and illegible typography.

What attracted you to this piece? I grew up watching this film and my mother would play the album to me and my brother while we fell asleep every night so I have a lot of nostalgia whenever I hear or see this album/movie mentioned. I love the goofy and somewhat creepy characters and the playfulness of the artwork as a whole with the abstract trees and clouds in the background to the colorful clothes and characters in the foreground. What's most interesting to me about this movie is that it made more sense to me as a kid then it does now.

Comments

Popular Posts